Monday, November 23, 2009

Things that are awesome...

Every now and then I come across something so good, I have to tell other people about it. This post is not the beginning of a new series here on the blog about things that are awesome, but it could be if I were to discover things as awesome as what I discoverd this past weekend.

Thanks to a friend from work and a trip to Pops for lunch a few weeks ago, I was tipped off to the delicious goodness of Henry Weinhard's Root Beer. At the time, I was told that HW's was only available in the Pacific northwest. You can imagine my surprise when I saw it, along with Cream Soda and Orange Cream Soda, at Crest this past weekend. The Root Beer's good stuff, but I've always been a cream soda fan myself so I bought a six pack of the Cream Soda to give it a try.



Let me preface this next statement by saying that I'm not a big consumer of carbonated beverages. That said, I bought the six pack at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday and finished the last one this morning at my desk at work. I even had one on the way to church Sunday morning.

Henry Weinhard's Cream Soda is THE BEST CREAM SODA I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. It is the perfect mix of brown sugar, honey, and vanilla flavoring with an extra abundance of foam that makes even the most frothy of drinks seem absolutely flat in comparison. I was so busy downing these bottles of sweet creamy deliciousness this weekend that I didn't even think to try pouring it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy some more next weekend.

So... what are you waiting for? Get out to your local Crest and buy yourself a six pack of Henry Weinhard's Cream Soda before this post goes viral and starts a run on the grocery stores.

1 comment:

  1. I always get an HW black Cherry soda when we are in Oregon. I think it's a Pop's too but I'm sure more expensive than Crest. We'll have to check it out for sure!

    ReplyDelete