Saturday, November 21, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 21

I never ever thought I'd say this, but this year, I'm thankful that college football season is almost over. The University of Oklahoma football team has not made it easy to be a fan this season and while I'm not switching my allegiances to any other team, I have to say that this is one college football season I won't be sad to see go.

The bright side is that although the Sooners still have two games left to play this season, they probably won't be favored in either of them. So... if they lose, it's fine because I won't have expected them to win, but if they win, it's double good because I will have expected to them to lose.

I guess the serious side of this post is that I'm thankful to have lots of other areas of my life to derive meaning from other than being a fan of the University of Oklahoma football team.

No comments:

Post a Comment