Tuesday, November 10, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 10

Today I am thankful for an abundance of food. Over the weekend I went to Central Market in Dallas with my Mom and Sister. It was incredible! They had tons of fresh and organic fruits and vegetables, a fresh guacamole bar, more varieties of cheese than some stores have cereal, tons of meat and fresh fish, fresh herbs, and I could go on and on. We walked around there for about 45 minutes looking at everything and could have stayed longer.

We also talked about plans for Thanksgiving, what we were going to do, and what we should eat. Then on Monday I got a card in the mail from the City Rescue Mission asking for donations for their Thanksgiving meal. Not having food at Thanksgiving, is something I have no concept of, let alone being homeless. At every Thanksgiving meal I have ever had there has been more food than any of us could eat.

I feel thankful today that I don’t know what it is like to not have enough to eat. I also feel the need to give to the CRM. $14.10 will feed 15 people and $94 can feed 100 people. I think that is pretty cool. :) Check out their website here: http://www.cityrescue.org

No comments:

Post a Comment