Saturday, November 28, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 28



Today I'm thankful for a great last game of the college football season and for time spent with my dad, brother, and wife.

Not only was it the last game of the season and a victory for the crimson and cream, but it was also the last game with my dad for a few years since he'll be in Germany the next two seasons. Going to OU football games has been a Mitchell family tradition for years and I have so many fond memories of games there with my family that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

I talk to my dad almost every other day and will really miss having him around the next two years, but I will especially miss him on Saturdays in the fall. In many ways, game day just won't be the same without him there. Someday, if I have boys of my own, I look forward to taking them to college football games at Owen Field and hope to create the same kind of memories for them there with me that I have with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment