Friday, November 06, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 6

Today I'm thankful for generosity.

I spent my entire work day and much of this evening around some of the university's most loyal and generous supporters. I always feel so humbled by all of the amazing, sacrificial, and selfless things they do to bless the young people here at Oklahoma Christian. No one has to give a single dime to the cause of Christian education, and yet, each year countless individuals open their hearts and their wallets to impact the lives of students here they've never met.

I'm thankful to have a job that gives me the opportunity to help facilitate other people's generosity. A lot of people I meet say that they could never do what I do when I tell them that I raise money for a living. However, if other people only knew how exciting it is to be a part of helping someone turn their philanthropic dreams into reality, people would be lining up to get into my profession.

I sometimes I get caught up in the day to day minutiae of my job and even think about getting out of this line of work from time to time. Days like today, when I get to spend so much time around such generous and inspiring people, really are the highlight of my work year and help remind me why it is I do what I do.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely put Michael. I like y'all's Thanksgiving month!

    ReplyDelete