Monday, November 30, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 30

Wow! I can't believe how fast this month has gone by. In October we had made a list of blessings we have and were able to write a page in a few minutes. So I thought blogging about something we were thankful for each day would be really easy. Most days it was easy, but there were a few days we had discussions about what we should write about.
This week in our bible class we talked about being thankful, among several other topics. I think what stood out to me is that part of being thankful is being reminded of how God is in control of the world and our lives. The times when I become discouraged by problems or difficulties, I am definitely less thankful and grateful for the ways God is working in my life. So I have concluded that having a thankful heart serves to show gratefulness to God and also to keep us balanced, humble, and reminded that God is the giver of all we have. Today I am thankful to serve a God who never gives up on me, delights in our journeys of growth, and faithfully provides for my needs regardless of the level of my faithfulness.
While there will no longer be daily posts to write about thankfulness, I hope to continue thinking daily about what I am thankful for and having those discussions with Michael.
I can't believe December is here! This month we are going to try to run a mile a day. We'll see how it goes. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment