Tuesday, November 24, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 24

Today I'm thankful for the opportunity to get away from the "city" and spend time outside in God's creation. This past year, I've taken up trout fishing and tomorrow I'm going with my father-in-law and brother-in-law to Tishomingo for a day of fishing in the Blue River. While it's more fun when the fish are biting, I don't even really care about that part. I just like being in my waders, down in the water, and outside where the only sound I hear is the sound of water rushing over the rocks and the wind blowing through the trees. God is everywhere, but it always seems like I feel his presence more when I'm outdoors away from the noise and busyness of my everyday life. I'm so thankful to have found a hobby that gets me outside and is both fun and spiritually uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment