Saturday, November 14, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 14

I am thankful for the many traditions in my family. My family has lots of traditions- for holidays, birthdays, and other random times. Something special my mom does is randomly she will say, "I have a happy present for you. Close your eyes and put out your hand". She will have surprised us with something, could just be something small, but a way she shows she was thinking about us. She has passed this on to my sister and me. This afternoon when I saw my sister she said the phrase above "I have a happy present for you...". She had surprised me with some holiday cupcake papers and this white cow creamer:

Perhaps you are thinking...What does a city girl want with a cow creamer?
Well, my Grandma Hartman loved cows and had seen a cow creamer she wanted in a magazine. She settled on a cow creamer that looked like this one. I had said sometime ago I wanted one because that silly cow creamer had brought her a lot of joy. My sister had remembered and surprised me with it. I cried like a screaming banshee when I saw what it was. (Just for maybe 45 seconds or so!) :) I have been missing my grandparents a lot lately, and I'm happy to have the cow creamer. I'm thankful for family and traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment