Wednesday, November 25, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 25

Today I am thankful for my licensure supervisor. Every week, until I finish my license, I have to meet with a supervisor for 1.5 hours to talk about my cases. I also write them a check for the service. I changed supervisors in May, and it has been really great to work with my current supervisor. Her quote on her facebook page says: When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
She is currently: working on her doctorate, the president of OKAMFT, helping change medicaid legislature, writing a children's book, tending a huge vegetable garden, doing supervision, teaching classes, and dreaming about opening a marriage and family therapy institute and making steps to do so...and who knows what else! She is very positive and inspiring, and I have yet to have written my check out to her and feel like I didn't get my money's worth.
Today, after some difficult and disappointing experiences, I really needed some encouragement. I needed someone who had been where I was to speak some wise and hopeful words over me. Through our conversation today she did just that. And that is why I love the work I am apart of. Through talking, insight, self discovery, and hope people can find the strength to change, grow, and continue forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment