Wednesday, November 04, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 4

Today I'm thankful for access to good affordable dental care.

AM and I have a storied past when it comes to dental care. Growing up as a missionary kid, she did not always have great access to quality to dental care as a child but she's made up for it in her late teens and young adult life. I, on the other hand, had great dental care as a kid but quit going when I was about 20.

We've both paid (monetarily and in drilling pain) a hefty price in the not too distant past for our respective years of neglecting our oral health. However, as of last July (when I had several cavities filled and a crown installed) we are both caught up on all of our dental work and last month, we both received clean bills of health at our semi-annual cleaning and x-rays.

It's easy to take our teeth for granted and even easier to take for granted the blessing that it is to to have access to affordable dental care when many people don't have that access. I know this might seem like a silly post, but it's what I woke up thinking about this morning, I'm genuinely thankful for it, and so it's what I posted.

Before you ask, the answer is no. My dentist did not put me up to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment