Thursday, December 06, 2012

Oh Christmas tree!

Friday after thanksgiving we spent most of the day at home and I took down our fall decorations and got our house mostly decorated for Christmas. My mom treated my sisters and I to a pedicure that afternoon- which is my kind of way to spend black friday! My dad's extended family always gets together the day after Thanksgiving. We headed over there in the late afternoon. We left there to go downtown to watch the tree lighting. Every year I check out the Downtown in December website, because there are always lots of fun things going on in our city. 
While we were waiting for the tree lighting a band was playing Christmas music and down the street we could see the fireworks from the boat parade. It was a really great firework show!


There was a countdown and then the tree was lit!

Isabella was captivated by the band. "More drums mommy?". They were giving out popcorn and there were pictures with Santa, but we didn't stand in line for that.
We walked along the canal back to our car to see the lights. It was really fun, and perhaps a new day after thanksgiving tradition!

We came home to decorate our tree.
Unwrapping new Christmas pajamas. 
A lot of people do new Christmas pjs for Christmas eve, but I decided I wanted to do them at our tree decorating so she can wear them all the weeks before. 
Hanging ornaments on the bottom of the tree.

Hanging ornaments up high with help from Daddy.


The lights on our tree stopped working last year, and Michael's parents let us borrow this tree. It's a few feet taller than the tree we have and looks better in the space we have.
Our day after Thanksgiving was filled with family time and fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment