Monday, August 01, 2011

Peach cobbler

#24 on my 30 list was: "Buy fresh peaches and have my Mom teach me to make her peach cobbler with a lattice top".
My mom came over today and we tackled #24. After boiling, shocking, skinning, and chopping, the peaches they were ready to be made into cobbler and the rest to be frozen. We made the crust following my Grandma Hartman's recipe.

Line the bottom of a glass pan with the rolled out dough.


Mix up the fruit: We followed the recipe from the old red Betty Crocker cookbook for peach pie. Sugar, some flour, cinnamon= goodness.


Pour over pie crust.


Roll out more dough and cut into strips.


Weave lattice top. This was a little tricky. Easier with two hands.


Dust with a little sugar, cinnamon, and add 1T of cut up butter.


Bake at 425 about 35 minutes until bubbly and crust is golden.


MMmmmmm!

Perhaps you are wondering why this one made the list...what's the big deal? I guess it was just a recipe I have never made, that reminds me of my mom, that I wanted to add to my repertoire to make for my family. And some day I'll teach Isabella and she will teach someone else, and the legacy of our family traditions will be woven throughout time.

1 comment: