Friday, March 04, 2011

Random thoughts on a friday

I have committed to not posting pictures or telling too many stories about my child's bodily functions to not lose my sister as a reader. That being said, see below:

Can someone explain to me how it is possible for my child (who is a girl) to wet herself up the back of her diaper, and her pants still be dry? Of course this happened at a friend's house, shooting pee onto their quilt, and my "extra change of clothes" for her was not in the diaper bag.
Oh my! It was one of those weeks where several times the lyrics from a song ran through my head "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my Mama said!"

-This week I switched out most of Isabella's 3 month clothes (*with a tinge of sadness) for 3-6 and 6 month sizes as she is outgrowing the 3 month size. But as I was doing it I thought how awesome it would be to get a new wardrobe every 3 months or so, especially since most of it was bought by other people. Lucky Girl!

-I read this post the other day about raising girls: http://alphamom.com/parenting/body-image-eating-disorders-and-raising-little-girls/ and it scared me! While we are a ways off from these things with our little girl, I pray that she will love herself. And obviously, parents have a big impact on a child's body image by the things they tell their child and the way they view themselves. The last sentence has stuck with me: "And I think it will be something of a miracle that any little girls will make it to adulthood unscathed." YIKES! To my Mom friends and mom's-to-be: will please commit to me to not letting your 5 year old wear a padded bra! AHH!! I should probably keep her home with me always! (Kidding!)

-I read a statistic this week that said 76% of shopping carts in a study were found to have feces on them...YUCK! I think that seals the deal on the shopping car cover I was thinking about getting for when Isabella can sit up in one.

We survived the week and I'm happy the weekend is here! My house is a disaster, but for tonight we are staying at home and I am doing nothing about it. We ordered take out from Mama Rojas, rented a movie, and will enjoy a night of being in pajamas.

And lastly, some "Sunday best" pics from a few weeks ago I never posted:




No comments:

Post a Comment