Saturday, March 19, 2011

Family picnic

I crossed "have a family picnic" off my 30 list yesterday. I realize a family picnic is nothing like sky diving, rocky mountain climbing, or 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu. But this one for me was about being intentional about our family time and making memories. There are so many demands on families these days and distractions everywhere. I know too many families pulled in so many directions and busy with life they lose touch with the people that they share a home with. We make choices every day about how we will spend our time that impacts our family. This seems to be a theme with people I am currently working with. Spouses or children desperately wanting time from the other people in their family. It is my guess that most people wouldn't regret working less or spending less time watching TV, on the computer, on the phone in order to just be with the people important people in their lives. My advice is to spend the time today before people have given up caring if you will take the time or not and it is too late.

Goodness, this is not supposed to be a serious post! Didn't realize I was feeling so strongly about this! It can be sad to see families go through this process. Let's start over:
I crossed "have a family picnic" off my 30 list yesterday. Spending quality time together as a family and doing simple things that our kids will remember is important to me. So we had our picnic yesterday!! YAY! There are lots of great parks in the neighborhood to the south of us, so off we went with a blanket and our food.



It was a bit cloudy, but that always makes for some great cloud watching.






It was a beautiful day! And Isabella we will have more picnics when you are able to join us in eating food!

No comments:

Post a Comment