Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 16-24

I'm going to wrap up our Christmas countdown with this post. I didn't get any pictures for some of these, but here goes-

December 16th: I missed this day. Remember in the beginning I said I wanted this to be fun and not an added stressor? So there was no special activity or surprise today and that was OK.

December 17th: Izzy and I went on a special date to buy Christmas pajamas for a pajama drive for children that our church was doing. After we got the pajamas we went to the library and played there for a little while and then played outside in their Christmas light display. It was really fun to be out alone with her. That is a rare thing these days.

December 18th: Tonight we had Cocoa and Carols at church and took the pajamas to church for the pajama drive. Kids got to wear their pajamas and had a little parade around the family center.

December 19th: Make a hand print ornament with each of the kids.
 My mom came over after school and did these snowmen ornaments with Izzy's fingers.

We made these clay hand prints when Isabella was a baby and I wanted one for Benjamin. I love his sweet chubby hands!
Then after dinner we had our annual pajama Christmas light drive. After dinner we dressed in our pjs, stopped for a peppermint hot chocolate, and then went out to see some of the best lights in our city.
Trying not to drop 55lbs of kids! :)

December 20th: Make Christmas candy and watch the Dr. Seuss How the grinch stole Christmas. 

December 21st: Host White family Christmas at our house. The first family Christmas of the season!

December 22nd: Make sugar cookies. Go to the crystal bridge with my parents in the evening.
 Izzy helped for a little bit and then said she was "all done helping". Which meant there were a few less cookies that had a mountain of sprinkles dumped on them. :)


We've gone to the crystal bridge with my dad for several years now for the free Sunday nights in December. This was my mom's first time to be able to go. 

 And Benny's first time. :)



December 23rd: Read the candy cane story book and eat a candy cane. Christmas with the Roberts in the evening.

December 24th: Christmas EVE!! Go visit our neighbor Ms. Virginia and take her some Christmas cookies and candy. We visited with Virginia for a while and when we left she said it made her day that we came by. She is 94 and she said she can go days without seeing people other than those she sees going for walks in the neighborhood.


We had a busy and fun holiday season! Next year I hope to do some more service activities during our holiday countdown. I'll need to plan ahead sooner than the day it begins. I really enjoyed our reading time at night and adding in the advent readings. We plan on continuing with some family devotional time with the four of us during our bed time routine even now that its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment