Thursday, January 05, 2012

My goals for 2012 are:
1. Hang my clothes up every night
2. Read my Jesus Calling book every day and the verses included
3. Write in my gratitude journal every day
4. Read at least 24 books this year
5. Do one DIY craft/cooking/creating project each month
6. Run a half marathon in the memorial run.

I love goal setting and continuing to work on becoming the person I want to be. So I don't look at these as resolutions, but rather intentionally deciding things I want to accomplish this year. Basically the themes are taking care of myself physically, spiritually, and emotionally through exercise, quiet time, being grateful, reading, not having so much clutter laying around, and creating. And when I'm in a better place I am a better wife, friend, Mom, and so on! I am sure I will reassess as the year goes on to see if I have developed some good habits and need to add some more to work on, but for now I want to keep things very achievable. Michael and I also sat down and wrote down some family, couple, and financial goals we want to work toward this year. I'm excited!

I'm bringing back Thankful Thursday to remind myself of all the many blessings that happen over the week no matter how small. This weeks are as follows:
-Family breakfasts
-Michael's time off for the holidays
-More referrals than I need right now
-Great weather
-Running with Hayli
-Seeing Isabella make people smile
-The book club girls
-Facetime
-good health


We are faring alright with Michael being away, and we are half way through. But also ready for him to come home!

Here are some pictures from our day:







1 comment:

  1. Love your goals! 2012 will be epic! Ready set go!

    ReplyDelete