Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thankful Thursday

At the beginning of this year, I had a talk with a friend late at night in a sketchy McDonald's parking lot. (Where else would you want to have a great conversation?) Basically the ending theme was that our lives are really great right now, but sometimes we find things to be unhappy about and focus on those things. The talk has really stuck with me over the last month. I don't claim my life is perfect, because its not. My life has had seasons of loss, grief, and struggle. But for now, things are good. And life has taught me that can change with one hour, one phone call, or one statement. What I walked away from that conversation thinking was that, I know hard seasons and trials will come again, and I don't want to regret that I didn't enjoy the good times as much as possible. It was a good perspective check for me. I hope as I continue journaling my gratitudes that gratitude will become an even greater part of my character, and I will always be able to find things to be grateful for and happy about, regardless of my circumstances.

Some from this week:
*new beginnings
*family meals at our dinner table
*sunshine
*playing at the zoo
*watching isabella's delight when chasing bubbles
*hot chocolate chip cookies and ice cold milk
*my mom
*Michael graciously eating part of our dinner I charred and acting like it was still good. :)


We had a last minute diversion from our dinner at home to chilis for dinner and dessert. A fun mid-week change up!


I love hooded towels!

1 comment:

  1. love you and love this post, i needed reminding of this. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete