Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy birthday Isabella!

I'm behind on updating some of our adventures from last week, Isabella's actual birth-day, and her one year post, but today I wanted to post about her birthday party. Everything turned out how I had envisioned (which is always nice when that actually happens), and we had a fun day. Her party was at my Mom's so we would have more space, and my mom graciously let me move all of her furniture around to set up.

The invitation.


The table for cake, cupcakes, ice cream sundaes, etc.


Isabella's smash cake.


Cupcakes.
I got these cake stands in pink, yellow, and purple a few years ago for Christmas/birthday. I dreamed of using them some day at my (unborn) little girl's party. Isabella, you are my dream come true.


We had to wake her up from her nap, but once she was awake she was in good spirits for the party.


She loved getting ice cream bites from her Nana.


And playing with this push cart.

Time for cake!



She started out very dainty with her cake. Picking at the polka dots.


But she dug into it after a while.


I love her sweet baby hands in this shot.


Daddy gave her a spoon and she dug in a little more.




My favorite crinkle-nose smile.


After cake she had a bath in the sink to get her hands and hair clean.

Then it was time to open presents.

She loved these plastic bracelets and I keep finding them all over the house as she is dragging them around with her everywhere.






We just invited family and a few friends, as our family alone is several people. I loved being surrounded by the people we love and who love us, who have supported us and cared for us during this first year as a family of three. I am so grateful to my brother who captured so many beautiful pictures of this special day. I asked my brother to take pictures and my brother in law to video the cake eating, so I could just enjoy and be present. My mom and sister worked very hard to help making cookies, decorating, cleaning, setting up, cleaning up...I couldn't have got everything done without their help. Isabella was given so many fun toys, books, clothes, and fun things we are stocked up for quite some time.
It was a blessed happy day.


Isabella, I love your curiosity.


I love your determination and sweet spirit.


Each day you are becoming a little less baby, and a little more toddler. I have loved our first year together, baby girl and delighted in watching you change, take in your world, and grow.
Happy Birthday Baby!
Love you,
Mama.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! Happy birthday izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't believe she's already 1!

    ReplyDelete