Saturday, April 01, 2006

Big sigh...

I took my comprehensive exams this morning. Although I won't know until late April how I did on the comps, it's just nice to have them behind me. I feel like had a real good answer on the first question, an OK answer on the second one, and then I'm pretty sure my answer on the third question was pretty lacking (although I gave it my best shot). In my last post I mentioned that I was having a hard time making myself sit down and study. Well... to be honest, the whole studying thing never really materialized for me. If I end up passing, I can come back to this post and brag about how I passed that sucka without even cracking a book. On the other hand, if I don't pass, I can come back to this post and say, "You have no one to blame but yourself."

On a lighter note, now that comps are no longer hanging over my head like a fat kid waiting to pounce on a chocolate cake, I really feel like I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the last few weeks of rent-free, mortgage-free living. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally stoked about moving out of the dorms and I know that there are both costs and benefits to owning a home, but this is a BIG commitment. I mean, this is probably the third biggest commitment I've ever made. When I looked at how much interest we would pay if we kept the house for the full term of the loan, I almost had a heart attack (and we got a great rate too... 5.6% in case you were wondering). It really made me want to start a bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment