Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Wrap up

I thought about separating these events so this post wouldn't be so long...but then I didn't. So here's to Halloween! 
For  Halloween this year Isabella wanted to be a pink butterfly. We looked at several wing options online and she chose one and I ordered it. She was so excited when it came in the mail and when we opened it she said- 'That's not a pumpkin?!" I'm not sure what that was about....she never mentioned being a pumpkin. Haha! Then she told me she wanted her face painted like at the arts festival we went to last month. I told her that man had LOTS of practice, so we wouldn't be able to have it quite like that, but she could have her face painted.

First up: "trunk or treat"
Nana painted her face a couple of times and Mimi painted it for trunk or treat at church. 

She helped pass out some of the candy at our trunk, but got distracted eating her own candy.

Benjamin wore a lion costume my mom made for George when he was a baby. I loved it!

Pink butterfly and Santa 


It was not planned, but Ava and Izzy both had pink wings. A princess fairy and a pink butterfly. 

We did a jungle themed trunk with the Andersons. 



 Benjamin slept through a lot of trunk or treat, but woke up toward the end.


Next: Storybook forest
This was our 3rd year to go to Storybook forest. And for the first time we waited in line to get in for  an hour and 10ish minutes. It was crazy!! The friends we were meeting went ahead and went through as we were so behind. Heather and Ava were behind us in line and we got there about the same time and went through the forest with them.

The girls held hands almost the whole way...it was pretty sweet.


Last: Halloween Day 
We had something every night of the week, so by Thursday I was ready to just be at home. We ran a couple errands in the morning, and then came home and mixed up sugar cookie dough to make halloween cookies.  We baked the cookies before nap and then decorated them afterwards. She did the sprinkles by herself...which meant we shook some of them off because they had a huge pile of sprinkles in one area, but I think she had fun.

Cappy and Nana came over to trick or treat with us. Benjamin fell asleep before it was time to go, so I stayed home with him while they went out.

After he woke up I dressed him up and he "helped" me pass out candy for a while. It was a fun day! And we have waaaay too much candy at our house from all of these events!

I packed up our Halloween decorations Friday morning and got out a few Thanksgiving things. I'll be getting things ready to do our thankfulness tree and looking forward to creating and continuing family traditions this season. I'm planning on a month of intention, purposefulness, and working to foster thankfulness in our family's lives and conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment