Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 30

I can't believe it is the last day of November! I am so grateful for my life and many blessings. I am thankful for the places we got to travel to this year, the time we had together as a couple with no kids, for this new stage of life with Isabella, for my experience with the midwives, for benign results on my thyroid, Tuesday night visits from my mom, for Oklahoma sunsets, for friends to share my greatest joys and deepest fears and heartaches, and so much more. In our culture of more and never enough it has been good for me to reflect on how much I do have and how much God has done in my life!

I read this quote today: "Contentment isn’t a matter with being content with your situation in life and never trying to improve it. It’s a matter of being content with what you have. Finding contentment with the stuff you have and with a simpler life can lead to buying less, to buying things we need instead of want, and to only spending what we can afford. I know this first-hand, as uncontrolled spending led to debt for me, and contentedness led to me getting out of debt."
Something to think about, especially entering a season that is marketed to getting more

Anyway, November has been a good month and I have been having fun dressing up my little girl.

Love her sweet smile!

2 comments: