Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23

Today I am thankful for an abundance of food, safety, shelter, and family. I was listening to K-LOVE today and they were taking donations for a place in Africa where they are having a drought and a plague at the same time. One boy who is 8 who has become the "man" of his household after his father and many other family members had died. His job was to find food for the family. He was very happy one day when he found- I'm not sure if I can even type this- a nest of rats. This was apparently a great find and provided food for the family.

Even when our grocery budget gets low at the end of some months, that scenario is absolutely unfathomable to me. We just get creative with what is in our pantry or freezer and that is not a bad thing. As I think about all of the food that will be consumed in our country this Thanksgiving we are so blessed.

So much to be thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment