Friday, September 17, 2010

Pivotal Jewels

In January I had this post about a silly fortune cookie, and today I submitted my letter of resignation at my job. I have always wanted to be in private practice. In my original plans, I had thought I would continue working at North Care and slowly build up private practice over a year or so and eventually just do pp. I began working some this summer on getting a practice going, and have been seeing a couple of clients for two months now. With adding a baby to our family, the time I already had scheduled off for maternity leave, and lots of prayer we concluded the timing was right and this was the best choice for our family. I had already planned to take off the next three months or so for maternity leave. During that time I am going to work on some marketing things and getting on more insurance panels. Then hopefully after the new year I will start building up a few more clients.

I always seem to struggle with change and making big decisions. In talking with my mentor this week she said "You know Annaleise, it is moments like today that are pivotal jewels on your path. Enjoy embracing your decision! What a day!"
I thought about those words a lot. Enjoy embracing your decision. Pivotal jewels? After the stress of wrestling with decisions I'm not sure I enjoy embracing them very much. Which is silly when you have made a decision that was carefully and prayerfully made. So here is to enjoying and embracing my decision. Life is changing in many ways, and I want to put more energy into enjoying it rather than looking back and questioning.

Here is the website that Michael has started for me. I am still deciding about the wording and other things I want to put on it that have not completely unveiled it just yet.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!

    P.S. Let me know if you figure out how to embrace your decisions. I have a really hard time making tough decisions and I worry myself until I usually get physically sick. Maybe I need a mentor to tell me about pivotal jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's funny how you work so hard to acheive a goal that when you actually arrive at it it's a little scary, overwhelming, and exciting all at the same time. So happy you're where you are.

    ReplyDelete