Sunday, September 23, 2007

10 reasons why DW likes fall

Ok I am writing this without looking at DH's reasons, so lets see how many compare. These are not really in a particular order.

10. The Oklahoma State Fair. People always ask me what I ate at the fair. Most of the time a better question is what did I NOT eat at the fair. :) I know we will have "arrived" when we can buy the fair season pass and go as many times as we want without thinking about the entry fee. (Ok so maybe that is a slight exaggeration) Also- No I don't ride the rides at the fair, I go to eat, see the chicks, watch the pig races, go up on the sky tower, and eat some more. My sister and I do ride the big slide every year, but that is not really what I consider a ride because it isn't folded up, loaded into a truck and hauled all over the country.

9. The night that we "FALL" back. Who doesn't really appreciate an extra hour of sleep!


8. The leaves changing color. Most of the time I don't really like change, but the changing of leaves is something I always enjoy. The colors are beautiful, and remind me of God's hand in our lives and over creation.


7. Lower electric bills.


6. The beginning of many holidays. I love decorating, carving pumpkins,
making glitter pumpkins, baking, the smell of fall and holidays...

5. Halloween is always fun. This past one was our first year to have a house, we didn't have that many trick-or-treaters, but we are still excited about handing out candy at our house!! (have you ever had candy corn mixed with peanuts? YUM!)


4. Speaking of Halloween, I LOVE baby/kids Halloween costumes!
Check this one out! When I have kids I will probably need a separate closet for all of their costumes! (again another exaggeration, but I get really excited, and I don't know how I will choose just one!!)

3. My favorite TV shows are back on. (Except this fall. None of the shows I watch start until next year. You would think that would be great so I can spend that time working on school stuff! HA!)


2. Cool mornings and warmer afternoons.


1. The fact that hopefully this fall will be my LAST back to school fall!! :)


What are your favorite things about fall??

No comments:

Post a Comment