Monday, September 03, 2007

Food Glorious Food

I thought this would be a good place to write about interesting resturants we go to or great food we try. I LOVE food. :) I like to hear about new places, and it is fun to pass them along. A couple Saturdays ago I went to Ingrid's Kitchen with my mom and sister. This is a German resturant in OKC. They have traditional German food, like schnitzel, red cabbage, and bratwurst, and great sandwiches (try the turkey rueben!). There's bakery cases filled with all sorts of homemade baked goods - I recommend the chocolate chewies, but I didn't try everything! They also have live music on Saturdays from 12-2. The day I was there the band played Sinatra classics, and some couples were dancing - couples who probably danced to those songs when they were new! It was great food, a fun atmosphere, and a different experience than usual. If you live in the area you should try it out. It's a little noisy, but it's great for couples (old or young) and families. I will have to take Michael there...he will LOVE the music and food. Post a comment if you have a place to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment