Friday, September 13, 2013

September catch up

September is already almost 1/2 way over! So here are the highlights thus far:

OCCC arts festival
We began the month with our annual trip to the OCCC arts festival. Isabella had her first big face painting done. She sat so still while the guy did it!

And that night when I put her to bed, she said, "I loved being a butterfly today. Thank you, Mama."
And that made it worth every dollar it cost. :)

We just stayed for a little bit of the philharmonic, which she really enjoyed, before heading home. I would have loved to stay for the fireworks, but she's still not back to herself since being sick and its better for everyone involved to not push it too much!

Saturday morning waffle making

Meeting baby Catherine.
My sweet friend, since elementary school, had a baby this month. I didn't even try not to cry when I walked in the room. I couldn't help it. After 3-plus long years of heart break and prayers for a baby... my heart was so happy and full to see her holding her baby girl in her arms.

We went to the farmer's market and children's hospital the 1st thursday of the month. We didn't find much, but did check out the butterflies, bubble walls, eat lunch at KAMPS 1910, and played at the awesome outdoor children's park. Who knew there was so much fun to be had in a hospital? They redid the hospital in between when I had Isabella and Benjamin, and my dad asked me when he came to meet Benjamin if I'd seen the beautiful butterflies in the lobby...Um, no. I was, pretty much about to deliver my baby in the lobby and didn't really  notice anything. So it was nice to walk back through there without that preoccupation! Haha!

Playing at the park

Michael turned 32!  
I've now known Michael longer than I haven't. Isabella was excited for Daddy's birthday because she has all the family birthdays memorized and knows that means hers is coming up soon.

 Out to lunch for Michael's birthday. My attempts at a picture of him and the kids...BAHA!

Return of football
This means the seasons will change soon and Michael will run around the house OU Drum major style playing loud band music and getting everyone pumped for the first game of the season.
Its been near impossible to get a picture of both kids together without one of them being blurry.

First pigtails
First game day tailgating 

Lastly, the first week in September Isabella developed this crazy awful rash that started out looking like tons of mosquito bites then changed into connected welt looking things and she itched like crazy. After seeing pictures the Dr said it was either left over from the original virus or due to a different one and there's really no way to know. Then this week, the skin on her fingers started peeling off. This concerned me because it was a "second phase" symptom of one thing the Dr had thought she might have had, but had ruled out. I called the Dr and they wanted me to bring her in. I did, and when they were checking her out, the Dr heard a murmur in her heart. She said this could be due to a few different things, and probably not a big deal but we needed to rule out it being something that would be concerning. Long story short- she called a cardiologist at children's hospital who wanted Isabella to come in for an echocardiogram and blood work. Of course, Michael was gone on a work trip while this all happened. I was completely freaked out about the blood work, because I for one can't handle needles myself, and the last time she had blood work done when she was a baby I had to restrain her while she screamed and flailed and it.was.awful. Thankfully, Michael's dad was with me taking care of Benjamin while we were at the Dr and he drove us to the hospital for the tests. Michael's mom met us there to help take care of Benjamin while we took her back for the tests. Then my sister came, not knowing anyone else was coming. And then my mom decided to leave work to come. So we had quite the entourage for my girl, and I was fully supported even with Michael being gone. It was a stressful, scary day, but she did great with the blood work- my sister was there to sing songs and be a distraction, and Isabella did not even flinch when they put the needle in and just watched them fill the viles of blood while I had my eyes closed! Crazy girl! I was exhausted when we got home and Beth brought dinner to us that night so we wouldn't have to think about cooking even though she is in the height of her busy season with tax deadline and Paula stayed to help me with the kids and getting ready for bed. I was again so thankful for the support and love of our family and friends. It takes a village. And I'm so grateful for mine.
The blood tests all came back great with no concerns and the Dr called the next day to let me know her heart looked great also. So, for now everything is well, it is just taking a really long time for the virus to clear out of her body, and thus these continued strange symptoms. I'm ready for her to be back to normal and 100%. 
I'm also thinking I should just be prepared for something to go down during Michael's next business trip. Our house gets struck by lightening, Isabella gets sick, birds fly in our house, I lock us out, Isabella has to go to the hospital for tests...the track record has not been great so far...

Here's to good health and fun adventures for the 2nd half of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment