Thursday, June 09, 2011

Thankful thursday

Today is my sister's birthday, so for my thankful Thursday I am going to write one in honor of her.

I am grateful for the gift of a sister that I can truly call my friend. We shared a room when we were small. I would ask her to tell me stories at night. My sister had the best imagination. She would tell me beautiful, elaborate stories, and I would fall asleep. :) Then the next night, she would ask where she was when I fell asleep, and she would pick back up and continue the story. When we got our own rooms I would still want to go to hers and sleep with her sometimes. We had fights, but we had lots of good times too.

I am thankful for my sister who has taken care of me in many situations. Thankful for her taking care of me the day I had my wisdom teeth taken out and gently cleaned the bloody cotton swabs in my mouth. The sister who went down with me when I took our parents car before I had a driver's license, and got it stuck in a ditch. That one month grounding and outside work was a high price her to pay for something that was my idea! The sister who has stood up for me when friends were mean. The sister who has always been there...

We have grown up from the days of bedtime stories, but we are still great friends.
Happy birthday sister! I am so thankful for you!


Celebrating at our families favorite onion burger place in El Reno.


Auntie flower and Isabella



1 comment:

  1. My own blog post? A special day indeed! So blessed that we're sisters and friends!

    ReplyDelete