Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Celebrations

I think I felt extra celebratory this year for Valentine's Day for two reasons. One- having Isabella makes everything seem more special. Two- last year for Valentine's Day I had nausea with a side of vomit, and could have cared less about the day and it came and went with no special observance. So this year I C.E.L.E.B.R.A.T.E.D! :)


I made heart sugar cookies...

(I can't wait for my girl to be able to bake with me!)

Isabella and I had a quiet morning at home.

I love her so much!

A man delivered flowers to my house and stated "Happy ValentiMes day" as he handed me the flowers- I love it! (But more so with small children, grown ups should be able to say it right!)

I bagged up the cookies...

And we surprised Daddy at work with a visit, cookies, and lunch.



Then for dinner I called in a to-go order at 501 Cafe. We shared a fresh pear salad- My favorite!

And shared the slow roasted sirloin- my other fav...

We opened our cards and small gifts. A framed picture of my favorite shot of Michael & Isabella for Michael, a sweet thoughtful gift Michael made for me, and a pop-up I love you book for Isabella. I cried at the sweet card Michael got for Isabella- her first Valentine for many years to come from her Daddy!

I made these super easy chocolate molten cakes for dessert.

YUM!

We have had a variety of valentine's celebrations over the years, from purposely doing nothing, to watching Major Payne in my dorm room, to a fancy hotel and dinner. This year's was different than any other. Sitting at our dinner table together, the three of us, wearing sweats, entertaining a baby while we ate, pausing before dessert to feed her...
It may be years to come before there are fancy hotels and dress up dinners again- but I wouldn't trade this season of life for anything!

I can't believe it is mid-February! Didn't we just have Christmas last week?!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the cookies with us!

    ReplyDelete