Sunday, September 06, 2015

Starting PreK

Isabella started afternoon PreK last month.

We celebrated this new chapter with a day before school starting girls Tea. She's been asking for a while to go to the tea room so I thought it would be a fun time to go.


That morning she asked me if I thought her backpack would make it in time for school to start the next day. It had come in the mail a couple months before and I had saved it to give to her.


The night before I made her chalkboard sign and mulled over this new beginning. I had asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, and she said 'loving and kind'. I told her that was great and asked her a few times what kind of job she wanted to have or what she wants to do and she kept saying the same thing. And finally said, 'Mom- being loving and kind is the most important job of all!'

Nana and Cappy came over for breakfast for her first day and brought all of her favorite things. 

She was surprised and happy! 

After breakfast we got dressed and went on a walk and played at the park. 
She and Benjamin frustrated each other the whole walk home.
Then when we got home I made lunch. And I heard Benjamin say, Izzy snuggle. And she held him for a long time. It was like he knew things were changing. She held him for a while and then they moved on to fighting over their favorite trains.


Heading off to school.
We walked her to the drop off and headed to sonic. Benjamin was pretty pleased to get to take over her seat which he loves doing the rare times she isn't in the car with us.

After school we went to our annual Hartman back-to-school ice cream.


She had a great first day and has been loving school so far making new friends and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment