Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tomorrow's going to be a fun day

So I get to spend several hours tomorrow hosting an international celebrity on campus. I will be picking him up from the airport early in the afternoon and will be by his side for the rest of the day.

I'm not really nervous, but I've been thinking... "how do you make small talk with someone who worked side by side with the President of the United States of America?" Is there anything I can really say that he will find interesting? Everything I read about the guy says that he's very down to earth, and laid back so (like I said) I'm not really nervous, but I do want him to leave with a positive impression of Oklahoma, OC, and his time here.

The last person I did this kind of thing for ended up coming back to OC a few years later to work. While the chances of that happening with this guy are slim to none, it would be pretty cool to have someone who worked in the White House working at the same place I do.

I wonder if his people (or mine for that matter) would mind if I took a little detour between the airport and campus tomorrow to give him a little mini-tour of all the exciting things Oklahoma City has to offer. I probably won't be doing that, but if you read this and have any suggestions on "fun" little side-trips to take or any must-see OKC landmarks, let me know.

I'll be sure to post a re-cap of the day (possibly including pictures) tomorrow or Friday after it's all over. Have a great Thursday... I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment