Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Animal Kingdom

We got to Fort Wilderness on Saturday and the sun was shining which we were all so happy for after several days of rain and travel!
 The campgrounds were awesome with two pools, and playgrounds and lots of fun to be had. All of the Christmas decorations were still up and lots of people had their own Christmas decorations and blow up inflatable decorations.

 We got settled and took the kids swimming.

Our passes began the next day. Our first day was at animal kingdom. We took a bus to get there. Benjamin's reflection in the glass shows just the beginning of the Disney magic for the day. He was impressed just by the trucks and things he saw out the bus window on the way.
Our first fast pass was for the Kilimanjaro Safari. We saw so many animals out in their different habitats.

 After the safari we walked through the Pangani Forest Exploration.
Benjamin loved watching the meerkats. He stayed for a long time watching them go in and out of their burrows and running all around.


We took the Wildlife express train where we got to see some of back scenes, including the vet clinic. There was also a petting zoo, and Isabella got to earn some more badges in her animal kingdom adventures book.
Benjamin was brave to pet this snake, and then he and Michael headed back for Benjamin to take a nap. 

We went on to find the tree of life and Isabella got her first Mickey ice cream sandwich.

Playing in the boneyard

Meeting Pocahontas!

We also had fast passes for the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows, which were both great!
And we rode the Safari a second time because there was no line and it was fun to see a few different animals that time.

Favorite ride of the day- The triceratops spin! We rode it a few times earlier in the day and then at night there were no lines and we rode it again and again!
We ate dinner and walked around some. I loved seeing the tree of life all lit up at night. We got rained on on and off that day, but still had a great day. We headed back to the RV just before the park was closing.

We changed in to warm pajamas and ended our great first day with S'mores!

No comments:

Post a Comment