Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving Michael went on his annual fishing trip. Isabella had a sleep over at Mom's so I enjoyed a quiet morning at home with Benjamin. I got to sleep in after being up for a couple hours with him in the night, and get my work out in (in the quiet without 100 questions of what I'm doing) while he took his morning nap. I met mom for lunch to pick up Izzy and we headed home for nap time. Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home, but I was successfully able to transfer both of them to their beds. 
I began some cooking while they slept.

Izzy joined me when she woke up.

Same caramel apple cranberry pie we've made the last few years.

But I tried I new pie crust recipe from Annie's Eats. She's never let me down yet!


Thanksgiving morning I went out for a run. Michael got Isabella bathed and dressed while I was gone, and I came home to her "parade" that she made with her little people and my little ponies.


I thought it was pretty clever!

Benjamin's first Thanksgiving!

We had Thanksgiving lunch with my family and dinner with Michael's. I only took a couple of pictures the rest of the day.
 Post lunch nap at Mimi's house.

My boys on Thanksgiving!

Mitchell family

We did a thankfulness tree again this year, and here are a few of the things we were thankful for:
-Jesus and Mimi (I)
-Two healthy children (A)
-the rain (A)
-My job (M)
-a nice day at home in pajamas (A)
-trees, owls, and thank you notes (I)
-this lovely dinner (I)
-mustard and the foxes (I)
-cucumbers (I)
-the loving kindness of a gracious and patient God (M)
-That I'm going on a trip to Mimi's house for a sleepover. And pumpkins. And turkeys. (I)

Isabella was pretty funny this year. Often she would mention things she could see sitting on the table.

We were blessed to be able to spend time with both of our families and have tons of good food. We truly have so, so much to be thankful for!

The difference a year makes: Last year's pie making

No comments:

Post a Comment