Sunday, November 24, 2013

"snow day"

I'm way behind on posting...so I'll be playing catch up for a while. Looking over how many posts I've had this year vs. other years is telling of the fact that I don't have as much time for some things as I used to.

The Sunday before thanksgiving we had an unexpected "snow day". Which turned out to be more of a sleet day, and hardly any snow. Isabella kept looking out the window and asking if there was enough snow to make a frosty- and there never was. But plans were canceled and we found ourselves with a full day at home.

 We mixed up some pumpkin scones with a maple glaze from a stonewall kitchen mix my mom had given me. They were so good!!

Benjamin was drooling like crazy this day...I sure hope a tooth pops through sometime soon!

And never in history have I put my tree up before Thanksgiving...but thanksgiving is late this year, we had an unexpected day at home...and so we did. :) 
Christmas tree decorating in Halloween pajamas, before Thanksgiving...


 Reaching some of the high places with Dad's help.


I didn't mention anything, but somewhere along the way Isabella said MOM! I need some Christmas pajamas on! So she changed into some. I love that she is starting to enjoy and appreciate holidays as much as me! :) We did save the star to put up on our actual tree decorating/new pajama night the night after Thanksgiving. And I didn't get out any of the other Christmas decorations...haha! I'm done justifying! I've enjoyed the glow of the tree lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment