Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fall is in the Air!!

We were practically blown into our house tonight and Rick Mitchell keeps jumping in on the TV about about the changes in the weather coming this week! I am excited about the upcoming months with holidays, family time, cooking and baking, coats and sweaters, and everything else. I found a new chai tea that I love! It is better than any store bought one I have tried, and I think it is just as good as a coffee shop (and a lot more economical). Another thing I like about this time of year is crock pot cooking. I love to come home to yummy smells and having dinner practically finished. So thought I would share one of our favorites:

Beef in Red Wine Gravy
1 1/2 lb beef stew meat 3Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Medium onions cut up 1 pkg onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups of red cooking wine salt and pepper to taste
(I add chopped mushrooms also)
Place beef and onions in a crock pot. Add soup mix, sprinkle with cornstarch, salt and pepper, and then pour red wine all over.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours. (or cover and cook on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours) Serve over hot cooked noodles. Serves 6.

The onions can be chopped big if you don't like them and want to pick them out, but they add good taste. I serve this over egg noodles. Michael loves this dish, and there is always left overs for more than one meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment