Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Memorial Marathon

Michael and I ran in the memorial marathon this past weekend. I left the camera at home, so no pictures. We ran on the same relay team this year. Michael ran the 12K leg and I ran one of the 5K legs. They had predicted 80% chance of rain and slight chance of hail for that day. Luckily there was no rain or hail! Michael trained really hard for his leg and I was really proud of him. Here are some quotes from him:
"The wind was brutal around the lake"
"My favorite part was the Carl's Jr cheeseburgers"
"It was a really cool experience and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year"

They really have people standing at the finish line handing out cheeseburgers! I had never eaten a burger from Carl's Jr until the memorial marathon last year- and not one again until this year. Of all places to eat a cheeseburger!
I cried several times about the many inspirational people we saw- men in full military gear with backpacks on completing the marathon, a woman a prosthetic leg pushing someone else, people in wheelchairs... it is always amazing to me to see what people can do with their bodies and how many people come together to remember people that lost their lives in the tragedy of the bombing.

No comments:

Post a Comment