Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easy Easter Dinner

For my birthday my sweet friend Emily treated me to a cooking class at Williams-Sonoma. This was the first class since my birthday that we were both able to go to and wasn't full, but who doesn't love a belated birthday present? The class tonight was called "Easy Easter Dinner" and had several sides to go along with an Easter meal and finished with some yummy coconut cupcakes (that I will definitely make this weekend). The chef was very funny and personable, and I think what I enjoyed most was just watching her cook and the little things she taught along the way that weren't necessarily a part of the recipes. We had the best time and it was so good to get to spend some time with Em.


Here we are in the store after the class

You should definitely check out classes at your local W-S store! You have a great time, get to sample great food, and if that isn't convincing enough you get 10% off purchases the night of a class. I also learned they offer free classes Saturday mornings. The Saturday classes are shorter and more technique oriented than learning a particular recipe or meal. I will definitely be checking those out!

1 comment: