Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not enough time?

We are reading a book on prayer with our small group at church. Here is a quote from the book I have thought a lot about: "Increasingly, time pressures crowd out the leisurely pace that prayer seems to require. Communication with other people keeps getting shorter and more cryptic: text messages, email, instant messaging. We have less and less time for conversation, let alone contemplation. We have the constant sensation of not enough: not enough time, not enough rest, not enough exercise, not enough leisure. Where does God fit into a schedule that already seems behind schedule?"

I really identified with that, and often feel like life is so busy and there is just "not enough time" to get everything done. So that question at the end kind of haunts me. I have been thinking about and want to take action in how I can prioritize what is really important and daily make time for my relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment