Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First few weeks

The first few weeks flew by in a blur. My mom stayed with us the first week and Michael was home from work some the second week. My mom did laundry, got up with Isabella in the morning so we could sleep in, cooked and cleaned...Michael said it was like manna from Heaven.


Sunday napping with Daddy.                                           Both a bit unsure of each other!! :)

Meeting his great grandma for the first time. 

First bath...he was not a fan.

























That first week was over so fast, and I cried when it was time to say goodbye. Even though, goodbye meant my mom was just 30 minutes away.


I realized it was time to start figuring out how to find my new normal. Getting back to playing outside, going for walks, going to the neighborhood park, figuring out when to read a few pages of a book here and there, taking pictures again. I barely took any pictures the first week and just a few more the second. Our families and friends were so great to provide meals for us, I haven't had to figure out how to add that to the juggling mix, other than just heating up meals that have already been made.




We cheered on our hometown team through the NBA finals.


Our first family of four outing.
We went to target and out for frozen yogurt. Benjamin slept through the whole thing.  I don't know if its because we have a new tiny person in our home, but every time I look at Isabella it seems like she's grown up some more. I look at Benjamin and how tiny he is and then Isabella and how big she is getting and time feels like its flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment