Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Old news

I have a back log of blogs to catch up on, so this will all be old news for a while.

For the past few years I have hung out with my mom the Wednesday before Thanksgiving while Michael goes fishing. We have made pies or something for thanksgiving in the past, but this year we made this felt tree for Isabella I had been wanting to make. 
My mom is much better at crafting than me, so I knew it would turn out better with her help. I got all of the supplies at hobby lobby and all in all it was a pretty cheap craft to make.
I hung it in the play room when we got home, and Isabella decorated her tree after her nap.
I was really happy with how it turned out. 

We had a lot of fun making our pie together that afternoon. 

Michael carving the turkey at my mom's house. 
This was the extent of pictures I took on Thanksgiving with a non-iPhone camera, and it's not even a good one. No pictures of family or cute ones of Isabella. Whomp whomp. Oh well!

Isabella napping after Thanksgiving lunch.

Thursday morning I got up to finish the cooking I needed to do, and mixed up some cinnamon rolls. We ate breakfast and watched the parade then got ready to spend the rest of the day with our families. Other than spending time with our families my thanksgiving favorites this year were making the pie with Isabella and watching the parade with her. I have always loved watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and it is fun to have a child to share that with now!

1 comment:

  1. I love her little apron and great job on the felt tree!

    ReplyDelete